Thursday, May 20, 2010

Two books and two blogs to share...

Okay...more about the strawberries from yesterday's post but first....I want to share with you a "new to me" blog by the very creative and talented Anita.
Her blog is called My Country Cottage Garden and I found it while I was visiting my friend Maryjane at Beehive Cottage.

Anita's blog caught my eye because I noticed on Maryjanes sidebar a picture like the little strawberries that I had made.....I clicked on over to find out that Anita had made some too!
I'm so glad that I found her. Her blog is wonderful and I added it onto my sidebar as fast as I could so that I didn't miss anything that she posted.

I have been following Maryjanes blog for a long time. You may have noticed the link on my sidebar already. She has become my friend through blogging.
We have alot in common and she is so sweet. Her blog is absolutely fabulous and so is she!

Go over to visit both Maryjane and Anita...tell them I sent you and give them a big Howdy from me!



Now for the strawberries and the first book that I want to share with you. It has been on my shelf for quite some time now....I'm going to give you a peek of the back cover first...it's as beautiful as the front cover.
This is the book that has the pattern in it for the strawberries.


The book is called "Sew Pretty Homestyle"......what can I say about it except...I heart it!

It's by a Norwegian designer by the name of Tone Finnanger. The name of her company is Tilda.....cute huh? She designs alot of very beautiful things to make with a comfy cozy feel.
If you want to know more about Tone and her designs...visit her website
here.


Her book is gorgeous to look at and has several very tempting projects. I have made these flowers in a variety of sizes...



...and these sleeping masks have Kassidy's vote for our next sew night project because she sleeps with one every night!....



The next book is one that I just picked up last week..."Schnibbles Times Two" by Carrie Nelson.I'm sure that you have all seen it floating around on other quilty blogs...



I really love this flying geese quilt above called "Open Season"....I'm thinking Carrie must have a goose hunting husband too!



This is the first quilt that I'd like to make out of the book and it happens to be the one featured on the front cover.


Carrie's book is perfectly quilty and perfect for using pre-cuts like charm packs (5" squares) and layer cakes (10" squares).
I'm partial to Layer Cakes myself and have quite a collection... (you can see some of them in the above photo)....
I like to keep my layer cakes rolled up in a cupboard for easy access and I like the way that they look like yummy patchwork cinnamon rolls.
I really should start using up my layer cakes at a faster rate than I collect them...lol...
Maybe Carrie's book will help me out with that situation!
post signature

13 comments:

dream quilt create said...

I really want Schnibbles time two. Have seen it on other blogs and every project looks very enticing. The other book looks interesting also!

Nedra said...

I checked out both Anita and MaryJane. They love pink!
And thanks for the two book reviews. I can see some very creative ideas. Everyone is getting the new Schnibbles 2 book. I see some good stash manicure ideas.

Darlene said...

Oh, I'll have to look for Tilda's book - it's very sweet and one that would be fun to just look through.

I was blessed with the opportunity to make Imagine in Carrie's book (shameless plug - LOL) and week before last I made my version of X-Rated using Frolic. I'm not sure whether or not you read my blog but I posted several pictures.

Love the rolled layer cakes!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love strawberries! Yours are darling. I can imagine they are a bit time consuming but I want to make some. I have that book, too. Of course!! What great blogs. I need to go browse. thanks

Micki said...

I just got the Schnibbles Times Two book too and the quilts are just wonderful in that book.
I like the quilt that you chose!
Micki

Anita said...

What a wonderful blog entry on my favourite sewing book TILDA. Congratulations for your strawberries" Isn't it fun to make them? Thanks for mentioning my blog, the first visitors already came over and gave me a big hug from you!

Happy sewing!
Anita
~ My country cottage garden ~

Rae Ann said...

I just picked up the new Schnibbles Times Two book and it is fabulous!
I can't wait to get some more little
Schnibbles made.
Thanks for telling us about the great blogs of Mary Jane and Anita. I totally see why it is that you loved them. They are sooo you!!! Loved your strawberries!

Kimberly said...

Ok, I think I just drooled on my keyboard! What beauties... your sweet berries, and all those yummy pics! I think I needs me a new book or two...

Have a great weekend!

Sandra Henderson said...

Goodness, gracious , have I heard a LOT about Schnibbles! WOW!
Thank you for showing us these other sites... I"M OFF! :)

marylin & poussy said...

All this pink it is magnificent! Bravo to you
Best regards of France mary

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your strawberries are so cute. I have that book!!! I love it. Now I need to whip up a bowl of strawberries.
I'm gonna go check out the two blogs you talked about. Thanks for sharing.

Simone de Klerk said...

I have both books too and next week I hope to make the smaller version of Scratch. Just looking in the books is such a pleasure!

Jodi Nelson said...

I LOVE those strawberries. Now I'm gonna have to get that book! And maybe I'll have to make some "cute" sleep masks for hubby! LOL He wears them because he has to sleep during the day. But we call them his eye bras. LOL ;o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails