Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello Dolly's...

Remember when I told you that I made Hello Dolly's for my camping trip to Fish Lake?
Well...I'm finally getting around to showing you how I make them.
As I said before, they have been a camping favorite for years and one of the very first things that I ever baked as a girl.....because they are the easiest little cookie bars ever!

You will need 12 double grahm crackers. Put them in a zip-lock and crush them.
In the meantime, melt 1 square of butter and mix with the crushed grahms.



Press into the bottom of a 8 x 8 pan. I used the disposable kind for camping.
I also made 4 batches...enough for everyone!

Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips on top of pressed grahms.



Then sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped nuts on top of chocolate chips....I used walnuts.


On top of that goes 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.


Evenly spread 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over the top....


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.


Let them cool completely and then cut into small squares...and I mean small!
They are very rich...but yummy:)


As I said before...I made 4 batches.



I placed plastic wrap over each one...



And then tin foil....

Stacked them on top of each other and then I put them in the deep freeze until it was time to load up the trailer.

But before I froze them...I cut one for you!


post signature

11 comments:

Carol said...

YUM! YUM! YUM! I haven't made those for ages...I see a batch in my very near future...thank you!

Nedra said...

These were my son Scott's favorite dessert as he was growing up. When he came home for Christmas, I made him some, even though they are not a normal part of the Christmas baking. We call them 7-layer bars.

Carin said...

Lori those looks so yummy I can feel my blood sugar rise just looking at them LOL :O)

Unknown said...

I have been looking for this recipe for ages!!!!! Thank you so much! How easy!!!!! I will be keeping this post for the holidays! :):) Sandy

Renea said...

I love this recipe. When my family makes them we add one cup of butterscotch chips on top of the chocolate chips. They are yummy but very, very rich!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Thank you for the Hello Dolly bar Lori! It had exactly the right amount of calories I was allowed tonight before bed!

Sandra Henderson said...

Thank you for this recipe! It's going in my recipe box for safe keeping! :)

Rae Ann said...

I love these bars. My made use to make them all the time. I am going to make them today using my GF grahmn crackers. Thanks for sharing!

Sandy said...

I LOVE that recipe...I have enjoyed it for 42 years. Got it at my SIL's bridal shower. In NE Ohio we call them 7 layer cookies!

Unknown said...

Lori, you must try it with oreo cookies instead of g crackers and i use butterscotch, white choc. and choc chips. oh my gosh, delicious!!!

Sherry said...

They look so yummy. Thanks for the recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails