Monday, September 27, 2010

Vintage Monday - more thrifting...

Last week I went thrifting again and I was so thrilled when I found this darling little childs cupboard for only 3.99. I know! Can you believe it! It's sturdy and in really good shape other than needing a paint job.
The cupboard is tiny...only 38" tall and 2 feet at its widest point. I am going to paint it and put it in my studio...I'll show you what I am going to use it for when I get it done!

This is a grab bag that I picked up for 1.99. The store does not allow you to open it until after you purchase...

But I could obviously see some good stuff in there!
I was happy with the contents when I got home and opened it on my studio cutting table.... I'll show you what was in it...





There are 12 of the above...







And two of these...pretty good for 1.99 huh?

I also got this cream colored ceramic pear with a really neat crackle finish on it...the leaf and stem are metal. I think it will look good under a cloche.
The plate is a perfect yellow with an adorable edging and I will put some vinyl lettering on it.



I also found another creamer to add to my collection....and 4 vintage china plates that are the same pattern as my great grandma Butterfield's dishes.


I found these 3 wooden butterflies from the 70's for Kassidy's room. We will paint them different colors and hang them on the wall....she loves them.

And last but not least...2 more vintage china plates with beautiful florals...you know by now that they are something that I can never pass up.
All in all it was another good day at the thrift shop!

post signature

17 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lori, you always find so many treasures, can't wait to see the cabinet finished and all the work someone put into the crochet pieces. So glad they found a good home.

Anonymous said...

O.k. I wanna go toooooooooooo! lols Linda

Quilts and Cats said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see the cabinet painted...but it would look "sew" much better in MY sewing room!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

You and I would be dangerous together, Lori! Fab finds!

Wanda said...

Everything is just beautiful. I'm new to your blog but love the beautiful things you show. I love that sort of thing too. Thank you for sharing your finds.

I've started a new blog and if you have the time would love for you to stop by: http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/ .

Wanda

Darlene said...

Wonderful finds, Lori. The bag with the vintage doilies was a major score!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Lori -- I'd say you hit the mother-lode! What color are you going to paint the little cabinet???

Nedra said...

You always find the most amazing things when you thrift. At first I thought maybe the small cupboard might be for your grandbaby?

DianeM said...

Awesome finds! I love those child's cupboards...they go for alot more on Ebay! Lucky for me I don't really have the room for one so (right now heehee) my pocketbook has been spared.
Smiles, DianeM

Unknown said...

I was wondering where you thrift? I live close to SLC and would love to spend a Saturday thrifting but have no idea where to start! Any info would be much appreciated!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I love your finds! Thrift stores and yardsales are the best way to decorate! why spend $50 when you can spend 50 cents!

Nanette Merrill said...

Love love the little chest. I should have showed you mine when you were at my house. It is going to be so cute. Such character.

Kristine Hanson said...

I can't wait to see that darling litle chest, what a screaming deal!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Lori, I love everything. The cabinet it to die for! But my heart skipped a beat when I saw the pinwheel doilies! That is the very pattern my mom taught me to crochet on when at 8 years old I announced that I was tired of granny squares and wanted to make doilies, LOL. She was very wise...she told me the first thing I had to do was learn to read and follow a pattern, all the abbreviations, etc. A week later I started my very first doilie. It was red and white variegated and turned out a little odd shaped but still useable after mom helped me block it. Wonderful treasures!
Hugs...

amy smart said...

You scored! I am so jealous of that little hutch!

Christina D said...

I have a plate from my grandmother, just like your great grandmother's plates. They are so beautiful!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh it's fun reading about what you're going to do with your finds. Great idea to paint the butterfly's for Cassidy's room and I can't wait to see what you do with the little cupboard. I'm sure it will be darling and very inventive!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails