Friday, February 3, 2012

Where Women Create...



I love the magazine...
The launch of the magazine 
a few years ago...
was of course inspired by the
 many creative women just like
you and I!!
Each issue features
 several creative women
 in their studios...
filled to the brim with 
lovely and inspiring photos 
along with interesting articles
 about each woman 
and the inspiration 
behind their creativity.

Every time a new issue comes out...
I just can't wait to get my hands 
on it and find a nice quiet,
 cozy spot to curl up 
and devour each and every page 
full of eye candy....
which brings me to the reason 
for this post.

Just look at this teaser page photo
 below from this 
months issue Spring 2012
does anything look familiar to you?

That's right!!!
You can see what I'm talking about if 
you are familiar with
 Riley Blake Designs 
and/or 
my first fabric line Sew Cherry.


I'm so excited about the whole thing!
This is just one of many photos 
in an article featuring 
a few of the fabric lines 
produced by Riley Blake and they chose 3 of my fabric lines to be in the article.
Sew Cherry (on the page you see)...
 Daisy Cottage and Millies Closet
are in the rest of the pages.

Look at Cindy and Jina in the top photo...aren't they so cute!
I love working with them.
They are so sweet and fun.
Cindy is the owner of Riley Blake Designs 
and Jina is head of the fabric division.



 On page 104 you can find the article that Cindy has written called
 "The Business of the Studio"
 In the article she talks a little 
about the process of fabric design.

The photography for the article took place
 at Riley Blake Studios in Alpine, Utah.

A few months ago Cindy and Jina called me
 and asked me if I would bring in 
some of my sketches from Sew Cherry,
 Daisy Cottage and Millie's Closet 
for the photo shoot.
I said "Of course!"
You can see a few of my sketches
 in black ...
other sketches are on the other pages 
that you will see in the magazine!

They also asked me to bring along 
vintage pieces from my home 
that I thought would work 
in the photos alongside my fabric.

I brought in alot of things 
that you will see throughout the photos...
the gingham apron,
 rolling pin,
 cookbook and vintage canister 
in the article are from my kitchen.

The rest of the article shows many other sketches and vintage pieces from my cottage.

(photo from one of my Vintage Monday posts)

You may have seen some of them 
on my posts called 
"Vintage Monday"
which I will be doing more of soon 
because of many requests!

The article in the magazine is the first 
of many that Cindy will be writing 
this year for Where Women Create. 
All of them will be about 
fabric design at Riley Blake.

There will be a lot for her to 
write about...Riley Blake Designs 
is a great company and they always
 have something fun going on.
Like for instance, 
every Friday on 
"Cutting Corners" 
they have a tutorial on a pincushion! 


This is a recent tutorial by
 made with my 
Daisy Cottage fabric.
to go to the tutorial.
I will be designing a new pincushion
 and doing a tutorial for 
Cutting Corners 
in July.



 I'm sew happy to be a part of the 
Riley Blake team. 
If you haven't checked them out lately...
 to go to their site and see all the fun stuff!


You can pick up the latest issue of
 Where Women Create 
at most magazine stands like
 Barnes and Noble or even at JoAnn's 
but if you'd like to subscribe...
 and they will hook you up!

 It's such a thrill to see three of my fabric lines in one of my very favorite magazines...so I just had to share it with you!
Have a quilty kind of day my friends:)

xx
Lori

20 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh my goodness how VERY VERY exciting... Am I familiar with Riley Blake Fabrics... I LOVE Riley Blake fabrics and use them OFTEN... I have done several projects using there fabrics... CONGRATULATIONS

Jocelyn said...

This is so exciting Lori!! Your fabric lines are beautiful and very worthy of being showcased. Congratulations.

Lesley said...

Congratulations, Lori. What an exciting adventure for you! They were smart to choose you for their team!

E said...

Congrats Lori how exciting for you look forward to seeing your projects :)

dream quilt create said...

That is very exciting, but that particular photo didn't come through. I kept searching and was looking for your fabric but didn't see it. Will have to go to JoAnn's and check it out. Congratulations!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Lori!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Lori,
Congratulations! Oh, the fun you are going to have!! Your fabrics are just lovely and the colours are so inspiring!! Good for you!
Have a great weekend!
All the Best,
Christine

Cathy H. said...

Congrats to you!! That is awesome! I love reading about creative women! I'm with Cynthia, though, the teaser page photo didn't come through. I'll be looking for a copy to buy! I hope you do bring back some of your vintage posts!! I love them and miss them!!

Cathy H. said...

P.S. I hopped over to Riley Blake's site and saw the page!! It showcases your fabric beautifully!! Thanks for pointing me in their direction. I love their blog!!

Debbie said...

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations Lori! What a treat to be in such a wonderful magazine. I love it and was looking for it last weekend at Books-A-Million. I didn't see it but maybe Hobby Lobby has it. It is one of my favorite.
I love your blog and enjoy visiting with it everyday you post.

Thanks so much for all you do.

Debbie

Maxine said...

Oh Lori that is soooo exciting..Congratulations on that..I need to go and pick up the issue...Love Riley Blake..and it being here in Utah and you also being a part of the team....I have not gone to their site,but I will hope on over..and please bring back your vintage post..I check you blog everyday...Have a great day...

Sandy said...

What an honor....how exciting for you! The photo under the paragraph about a teaser page never opened up. I have all of the other photos though.

Jodi Nelson said...

Hooray! This issue looks amazing! On my Shopping List for sure. !:)

Unknown said...

I saw that and thought of you instantly! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I was contacted by Cindy in December saying that she really like my quilt and wanted to give me a fat quarter bundle. I had no idea that she was the owner.
I of course told her I wanted another Sew Cherry bundle. I can't wait to remake my quilt. You are right they are totally sweet, I am now working with Jina on sewing projects. So if you ever want me to sew something up for you in your space let her know. I think a little smocked dress would be darling.

Helen L said...

Congras!! I'm going to have to look for that magazine: I'd love to read the articles (and see the pictures !!)

Sherry said...

Congrats Lori! How exciting to have your fabrics featured in one of your favorite magazines. RB is lucky to have you on their design team!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Lori, this is one of my favorite magazines and I read it from cover to cover. Can't wait to pick it up and congratulations to you. Love your new line of fabric!!!

thea said...

oooh yes congratulations!!!! Much deserved I say :)

thea.
xx

(spoonful)

eileensideways said...

you are so talented lori, i love your blog and everything you pin and quilt. your work is so inspiring to me. thank you for sharing a part of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails