Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Quilty Fun Sew Along - Week 15 - Butterflies!!! ...


Good morning cute people!
I have early spring fever…
 so it's the perfect time to talk about butterflies!


This week in the 
 is number 15…butterflies!

Hosting this week is the adorable 
Click here to visit her and to get all of this weeks details:)


Here are my butterflies that I made for the sampler.
I chose to use Navy solid for the bodies
 and I like how they turned out:)


We can go ahead and put the right side together now
except for the bottom block…
Cut 8 - 1 1/2" x 13 1/2" strips and
 sew in-between each block section like above…
the courthouse steps blocks are at the top.


Remember that you already have the individual block
sashing strip measurements in each PDF from every week:)
Add the cups next underneath the chubby chevrons...


And continue by adding the quarter square triangles below the cup.
Add your butterflies!
(after you photo them and add to the FLICKR)


Then add the honeycombs and the
 remaining 1 1/2" x 13 1/2" strip underneath.
All you have to do is add the flowers onto
 the bottom after week 18:)


These are Ambers blocks…just waiting for her butterflies.
YaY!
Everyone should be at this point…
 if you have been able to keep up:)


Amber is doing an additional giveaway 
over on her blog…
she is giving away a copy of the book!!!

Thanks Amber…you are a sweetie!
Go over and leave her some bloggy love to enter:)


Have a quilty kind of day…
and remember that
You are the boss of your own quilt…
so get busy!!!
xx
Lori

7 comments:

Gigi's Thimble said...

Thanks Lori. I'm having fun with this project! I just realized that I forgot to turn my middle butterfly sideways. I'll have to go back and fix that :)

Have a great day!
Amber

Angela said...

Love the butterflies, and the dark background. They remind me of one my grandmother had, except they were huge, and appliqued on white blocks, outlined with black in blanket stitch.

Angela

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh gosh, I just love those butterflies! I just received my own copy of your book and I'm so excited to have it in my hot little hands! :o)

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Lori!

It's always so fun coming for a visit! Congratulations on all your success! You are amazing and your fabrics, books and quilts are the bomb! You can't put smile when I see your work!

Love the cute picture of you holding your book..your painted fingernails and toes match too! Oh, so Lori!

Hugs,
Maryjane
xox

mamageese said...

Love! Love! Gonna make your butterfly quilt from your book for my granddaughter, she'll be 8 this year!

Mary said...

YEA for almost being done making this quilt. I want to show it off!!!
I might be able to get it entered in a Quilt Show if I get it quilted quickly. I'll being it t Utah in June for you to see. I made my Butterflies all go the same direction. Opps.

Mary said...

YEA for almost being done making this quilt. I want to show it off!!!
I might be able to get it entered in a Quilt Show if I get it quilted quickly. I'll being it t Utah in June for you to see. I made my Butterflies all go the same direction. Opps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails